Saturday, August 2, 2008

Stinky French Airport

Yesterday I made the four-part trip to my temporary home here in Spain. It was the longest trip EVER! But, I saved alot of money doing it this way. But I still want to complain about it! Early yesterday morning I flew to Houston, where I enjoyed a 7 hour layover (actually it wasn´t that bad), then I flew to Paris overnight.
The worst part of the trip was the Paris airport! It did not leave me with a good taste in my mouth for France, but I will try not to judge until I see the actual country. I really wished I could speak French, because everyone just speaks French to you and thinks you will understand. I had to transfer to another airline and my flight to Madrid was 5 hours later. I asked a lady at the information desk how to get to the check in for the other airline. She said something like¨"2B, go up" in a very annoyed tone of voice. I said "take the elevator up?" to which she nodded yes and then turned to continue looking at her computer. So I tried to get on the elevator but for some reason only down elevators kept coming! Finally I just got on one and figured I would take it down and then up. I selected the top possible floor and rode back up to find... I was back on the same floor where I started! Luckily after wandering around a bit then standing in line for 2 hours I was able to check in. I guess the French don´t believe in air conditioning... or fans... or any kind of deoderant... I was very relieved to get to Spain!

1 comment:

The Allen Family said...

Oh poor Britta. And to have to go through that all alone. That is hilarious about the French being stinky. But I guess now being in Spain is all worth it.