Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ahh Spain...

Once again I refer you to my facebook page for more pictures of Salamanca. I find it alot more complicated to put pictures on here, so I'll just post a few along with some of my witty (or not) commentary :)
So these first are pictures of my room at the residence. It is very clean, and farily large.
People come by to clean the room every day and I get free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Overall a very nice setup. The only bad part is there is no air conditioning, we are on the 3rd floor, and it is so HOT. Almost as hot as Utah... I had to buy a little room fan yesterday.
OK I just had to post this picture of the bathroom and the bidet- is that what you call it? It seems so European :) I must say I do not understand how you are supposed to use those things, or WHY you would, for that matter. I didn't include a picture of the shower but it is tiny... I can't really bend over in it, so it is quite an adventure to try to shave my legs.
This is the inside of the huge cathedral. I found out you can take a tour of the cathedral towers and for some reason I just love to climb to the top of things! I love to get the view over the city, so of course I had to do it. Part of the tour went across this stone balcony inside the cathedral, it was really cool to look down on everything.

This is looking from the top of the cathedral down towards the plaza mayor. It was so pretty!
Today I started working at the hospital pharmacy department. For the next week I will be in the outpatient department where they dispense medications for things like HIV, hepatitis, multiple sclerosis, etc. The people there are very nice , and I certainly can't complain about the schedule (9 to 3). It is very interesting because they have socialized health care here, so people just come and pick up the medicine, there is no insurance or charges to worry about. It definitely has its positive and negatives sides, but I won't get into that :).


5 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Oh Britta, I love the picture of the bathroom. I think you better at least try that thing out once, maybe you'll discover why people actually use them. :) What a nice schedule you have, and a someone to clean up after you and cook for you?!?! Good grief. How can I sign up for that?

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

How beautiful! I saw a special on Spain a long long time ago and thought I for sure wanted to go there someday. I totally am jealous of having someone cook and clean for you! How nice is that?!?!

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

Ha ha ha!! You have a bidet!? I remember sophomore year at Canyon Terrace, Dave & Cameron's roommate James was showing us photos from his mission in Italy and they had a bidet in his apartment and you asked what it was and I told you'd I'd tell you when you were older. Apparently that time has arrived--I'll send you an email if you're truly in the dark about it. :) As for your shower--do Spanish women shave their legs? If not, I say when in Rome (or Salamanca)....

The Allen Family said...

Maybe I should post this on Alvey's, but holy cow Alvey! You crack me up! I can't stop laughing after reading your comment.

Melanie said...

I"m the same...I'll do anything for a great view! I'm so jealous of all that you are seeing! So fun...i see that now tha tyou live in Spain you blog more....travel does that!