Sunday, June 29, 2008

New York City!

Last week by a combination of luck and good timing I got to go with my friend Elizabeth to New York City!! It was a great trip. We stayed with Elizabeth's friend Sarah who lives in Manhattan and spent five days walking around the city and eating all kinds of delicious things. Basically I fell in love with New York, and I have never thought of myself as a big city person. But now I am seriously considering the city as an option to move after I graduate next year. Here I am in central park.


This is the view from the top of the Rockafeller Center.

We went to see this broadway show called Cry Baby. It was kind of like Grease, but set in the 1950's and really funny.




This is just one example of the delicious food we ate. New York has EVERYTHING! As you can imagine, this was one of my favorite things about New York :) This is a sundae I got at Serendipity (like in the movie!). It was fabulous.

Me and Elizabeth by the world. I'll put more pictures up on my facebook if you want to see!

5 comments:

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

Britta, you make me laugh. Elizabeth told me how much you enjoyed all of the food on your trip, and then that's the first thing you blog about! Ha ha!!

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

I am jealous! I'd love to visit New York! I would totally enjoy all of that food with you Britta, it looks so good:). I love food (especially when I'm pregnant!)

The Allen Family said...

Wow! How fun! Once again, a little jealous of your world travels. :) So how much did one of those sundaes cost? And I'll let you move out to New York until you get married, then you must come back to Utah. ;)

Tiffany Turley said...

I love New York! I've been wanting to go there lately, so I'm jealous that you were there! Looks like you had lots of fun! Let's get together soon! :)

Britta said...

The sundae was $13... but it was WORTH IT!! :) I actually shared it with Elizabeth, and there was plenty for both of us.