Saturday, August 2, 2008

Salamanca!



Last night after a 2 hour bus ride I made it to Salamanca! This is a picture of the student housing, my home for the next month. It is quite nice. I am going to share a room with a girl from Germany who is also part of the pharmacy exchange program.



This morning I took a walk around the city. This is a typical street in this very clean and beautiful city.

I found out the old part of the city is not far at all from where I was staying. It was only about a 10 minute walk and I was in the midst of narrow mideval looking streets.


Here is the Plaza Mayor- did anyone see the movie Vantage Point? It was filmed there. Look out! There is an assasin in that window! :)








3 comments:

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

Wow, Salamanca is beautiful! I'm glad you got there alright, and that it gave the motivation to post something! Good luck with your new rotation (and try not to get assasinated). :)

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Very cool pictures! What a trip, sorry France was so "stinky" (literally as well I guess!). I'm glad you got there safely and I hope you have a blast! I did see that movie--so cool to see it in real life Britta! I envy you!

The Allen Family said...

Wow! It's crazy that you are there! That is just way too cool. I can't even imagine experiencing something like that. Have fun and keep updating us on your awesome experiences.