Sunday, August 10, 2008

Segovia


Saturday I took a trip to Segovia, a city about 2 hours away that is famous for its beautiful castle among other things. This is the Roman aqueduct, built by the romans (appropriately) when they had a city here long long ago. It was huge! Look at the tiny people below and you get an idea. I think it was 100 feet tall in some spots. And they built it all without mortar, just fitting the rocks together perfectly, and it is still standing there today.

This is the cathedral and plaza mayor in Segovia. Very beautiful!



This is the castle in Segovia call the Alcazar. It was very pretty like a fairy tale castle. There was a tower there that of course I had to go up also and take pictures. It was a very nice city and a fun trip.
As far as work goes, I am still working in the outpatient part of the pharmacy. There are lots of other pharmacy students working there, and every morning they go to the cafeteria once or twice to sit and talk, have coffee and breakfast, etc, and they invite me to go with them. It is a very relaxed atmosphere, as opposed to hopsitals in the US. I like it!












1 comment:

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

Wow Britta--awesome pictures! I'm glad you've found your niche at your new job. Your schedule sounds incredible!