Sunday, December 30, 2007

Something no one gets to see.....

So here is the rest of the story of the mexican guy I met in the park and told I was from Canada...

So this guy kind of just laughed at me when I told him I was actually from Utah and told me "you shouldn't be ashamed of where you come from!" He was actually very gentlemanly and kind... or so I thought.... (dramatic pause here)... after we walked through the castle we headed back down to the main park. At the bottom of the castle there were various paths that led off into the park. So I was about to say goodbye and nice to meet you when he said to me, "Hey, I want to show you something that almost no one gets to see" and he started walking down one of the paths that curved and led around behind the castle and was completely deserted of people. So I started to worry a bit and I said "Well, what is it?" and he replied "Its a surprise, just come see." Well I stayed right where I was, I'm not stupid! :) And I said "Actually, I better get going I was supposed to meet some friends." He was kind of exasperated and was like "It's just right here on this rock, come and see". And the rock was down the path just a bit, and was still in view of the people, so I said OK. Well, it turned out he wanted to show me what is in the picture above, which is carvings that remain from when there was an Aztec temple there. (if you cant see them look at the bottom right part of the center rock) The Spanish came and tore down the temple and built the castle on top, but some of the carvings were still there! So it was actually pretty cool... and then I felt bad for being so untrustworthy. He was a nice guy. But it sounded a bit suspicious you must admit!



5 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Don't ever feel bad for not trusting some complete stranger!! Ever!

Britta said...

Thanks Dez :)

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Yes, totally suspicious!!! You are a smart gal Britta:). It is a cool ruin though!

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

Britta, I must confess I am quite proud of you. I warned you against unknowingly (or knowingly, for that matter) smuggling drugs across the border for someone, ("sure I'll deliver this package to your grandmother...") and ending up in a Mexican prison, but I'm glad to see you used such prudence in this situation.

Adam Denison said...

When Tiffany (Alvey) showed this to me I was bracing for something really bad to happen. I'm glad it all worked out.