Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mt. Ranier




Well unfortunately I haven't done anything fun lately so I thought I'd post some pictures of an adventure I had a while back. Me and my dad went to climb Mt. Ranier and it was cool but it was amazingly difficult. It sure was pretty to look out over the clouds as the sun came up though. But we started climbing at 3:00 in the morning and went up and up and up.... it was so steep and tiring, and my glove got blown off into a crevasse. You can see from the picture that it was steep and icy, it was scary to think that if you slipped you would slide all the way down and maybe into a crevasse! But we survived OK. I learned from that experience that don't want to be a mountaineer and try to climb Mt Everest. But it was an adventure!

4 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Holy cow! You are so brave! I don't think I could do something like that in a million years! But then again I've always known you were SuperWoman!

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Holy crap Britta, that is so cool! It looks totally scary, but what an amazing view! It looks so awesome! You are SuperWoman, I completely agree with that Dezi!

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

I love those pictures! Wasn't your guide kind of weird? I remember you telling me something about him, but I don't remember exactly what it was?

Britta said...

Alvey, you are right. Our guide was a crazy mountain climber man who didn't beleive in stopping to rest. He would drive up to the Grand Teton and climb it and drive back down to salt lake in one day (that is a 5 hour drive each way and normally a two-day hike). So he was crazy, yes. Too intense for me.